Jump to navigation Jump to search
After discussing the subject at length with Mary, she suggested I post my questions here. Makes sense to me so here we go.
Pending Questions from Mitch
- I found a few very minor differences between a few of the quotes on Wordpress topic Women that was different from the source books or other materials pulled from public pages. Not remembering now but I think there is a way to make a note that only an editor can see. For now, I will plug those paragraphs here for your consideration.
- 1st quote begins with "Over the centuries, men...." The WP quote did not have a comma after 'centuries'.
- 2nd quote begins with "The obstacles to taking the steps to Knowledge...." The WP quote said "The obstacles of...."
- For references, I saw how they were consolidated efficiently on the topic Separation of Church and State. I revamped the references on the topic Women. Please be so kind as to let me know if I should undo that or follow that format on other pages as well.
Mitch feels these are resolved
- On the topic of "Giving", there are 6 references to Wisdom from The Greater Community Volume One, Chapter 15, however, each of them names the page they are from, therefore, they cannot be consolidated. Is it better to specify the page in the reference (which may change when the book is republished with a different introduction or whatever), or to leave the page numbers off and utilize the <ref name="xxxxx".. formatting?
- Leave off page numbers. --Mary s 15:10, 2 January 2012 (PST)
- Thank you Mary. --Mitch 15:14, 2 January 2012 (PST)
- On WP page on Raising Children there are about 13 paragraphs from a messaged specifically named Raising Children that I do not have access to that I am aware of. Given the 2 to 3 paragraph quotation limit for the Wiki, it is difficult to know if each paragraph should be handled as a separate quote or are some or all grouped together? If all one long quote, which of those paragraphs move to Wiki or do we have a new rule allowing more extensive quotations?
- I'll dig into this when I get a chance. Hopefully it's multiple excerpts!Will 07:24, 11 December 2011 (PST)
- Thanks Will. In the meantime, I will simply find each quotation to verify whether or not it has "partners".--Mitch 21:18, 12 December 2011 (PST)
- On the page for "Work", when moving a particular quote from WP to Wiki, I added ellipsis to the beginning of the quote and lowercase first word since the quote is part of a larger sentence. I believe that was the correct way to handle the transfer. Please let me know if I should have handled it differently. Thank you.
- Hi Mitch. Thanks for making sure. If it makes a complete sentence and reads more clearly, feel free to re-punctuate sentences or paragraphs. Makes it easier to read and doesn't warp the meaning. Will 07:24, 11 December 2011 (PST)
- Very well. I checked and saw that you made the change. Thank you.--Mitch 21:18, 12 December 2011 (PST)
message to Mitch
Great topic, "universal truths". Good find! --Mary s 09:50, 1 February 2012 (PST)
- Hi Mary. It feels good to me also. Blessings to you. By the way, I got a "notice" when I logged in about your message. My guess is that I need to leave a message on your talk page for you to be notified of my response. Therefore, I will leave you a quick note to ask that you look here. --Mitch 21:26, 1 February 2012 (PST)