The Great Practices
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Great Practices of the New Message from God represent the Way of Knowledge. They develop the capacity and desire for Knowledge. They foster wisdom and the skills needed to build power and discernment.
The Great Practices
- Steps to Knowledge is a journey of 365 steps and is the core text of New Message practices.
- Going beneath the surface of the mind to experience the presence and will of Knowledge within us.
- We practice stilling the mind in all situations to be able to see clearly and recognize the truth within us and others.
- We practice listening deep within to discern the direction that Knowledge is providing.
- We stop on the hour to rest our mind, to recognize where we are and what we are doing and to see if there is anything we need to know.
- We practice looking beyond the barriers and constraints of the mind to recognize honesty, truth and reality in our interactions with others.
- We take time to consider the meaning and merit of our own impulses and actions and the actions of others. This enables us to penetrate the seeming appearance of things.
- We take great care to discern the reality of what is before us and what we are seeing in others. With discretion, we are able to know what to communicate and when. In this way, we maintain our inner connection while engaging with the world.
- We bring the questions of our lives to Knowledge so that it may guide our actions and communicate through us. The decisions we make will shape our lives.
- Our lives and purpose are built upon Four Pillars: Work and Providership, Health, Relationships, Spiritual Development. Strong Pillars enable us to be a vital part of the foundation for the New Message from God in the world. We recognize we cannot “bypass” the development of each of these Four Pillars, even if in service to the New Message.
- We cultivate a wise understanding of the past and a keen vision of our future. We actively think and look ahead so that we may see what is coming over the horizon and prepare for the eventualities, opportunities and difficulties of our lives. This will enable us to be wise forerunners for the New Message.
- We cultivate a high degree of honesty and awareness about our states of mind and life condition. We seek always to know the content and state of our mind and the condition of our body so that we can be capable and ready to participate in the world.