Jump to navigation Jump to search
After discussing the subject at length with Mary, she suggested I post my questions here. Makes sense to me so here we go.
Pending Questions from Mitch
- I found a few very minor differences between a few of the quotes on Wordpress topic Women that was different from the source books or other materials pulled from public pages. Not remembering now but I think there is a way to make a note that only an editor can see. For now, I will plug those paragraphs here for your consideration.
- 1st quote begins with "Over the centuries, men...." The WP quote did not have a comma after 'centuries'.
- 2nd quote begins with "The obstacles to taking the steps to Knowledge...." The WP quote said "The obstacles of...."
Mitch feels these are resolved
- On WP page on Raising Children there are about 13 paragraphs from a messaged specifically named Raising Children that I do not have access to that I am aware of. Given the 2 to 3 paragraph quotation limit for the Wiki, it is difficult to know if each paragraph should be handled as a separate quote or are some or all grouped together? If all one long quote, which of those paragraphs move to Wiki or do we have a new rule allowing more extensive quotations?
- I'll dig into this when I get a chance. Hopefully it's multiple excerpts!Will 07:24, 11 December 2011 (PST)
- Thanks Will. In the meantime, I will simply find each quotation to verify whether or not it has "partners".--Mitch 21:18, 12 December 2011 (PST)
- On the page for "Work", when moving a particular quote from WP to Wiki, I added ellipsis to the beginning of the quote and lowercase first word since the quote is part of a larger sentence. I believe that was the correct way to handle the transfer. Please let me know if I should have handled it differently. Thank you.
- Hi Mitch. Thanks for making sure. If it makes a complete sentence and reads more clearly, feel free to re-punctuate sentences or paragraphs. Makes it easier to read and doesn't warp the meaning. Will 07:24, 11 December 2011 (PST)
- Very well. I checked and saw that you made the change. Thank you.--Mitch 21:18, 12 December 2011 (PST)